Key points are:
• Combined Milper/O&M cuts of -$544M effectively offset the +$512M Procurement plus-up.
• There is significant SAC-D hostility directed at JIEDDO, resulting in +$275M being transferred to “Other Procurement Army” Account (OPA), with zeroing-out of entire $400M JIEDDO Request from DoD-wide Account.
• There was no material change to $11.7B Army O&M Account.
• Modest +$306M plus-up to Navy O&M Account was driven almost exclusively by Haiti Operations & Fuel Shortfall.
• Cut of -$262M from USMC O&M Account is primarily procedural transfers, other than cut of -$40M from Cargo UAS, as ahead-of-need. (See additional Cargo UAS Procurement funding below.)
• Top-line was relatively constant at $3.8B in USAF O&M Account, with -$200M cut to Facilities-Sustainment-Restoration-Modernization, being offset by additional funding for Haiti Operations & Fuel Shortfall. There was also -$47M cut to Tactical Intelligence Programs.
• There was no material impact in $1.2B DoD-wide O&M Account.
• Congress fully funded $2.6B request for Afghanistan Security Forces Fund.
• Congress fully funded $1B request for Iraq Security Forces Fund.
• Congress funded +$512M plus-up, for total DoD Procurement of $5B.
• Primary changes occurred within Army OPA Account, with -$131M funding for MMPV; +$21M plus-up for Army Biometrics; -$45M cut from Army Information Systems; and -$41M cut from BETSS-C; coupled with transfer of +$275M from JIEDDO, to Rapid Equipping Soldier Support Equipment, (PEO Soldier).
• Within Other Procurement Navy Account, there was +$13M increase to C4ISR Equipment, to support JUONS.
• Within USMC Procurement Account, +$144M plus-up, is primarily for EOD Systems, (Mine Roller & Assault Breacher).
• Modest cut of -$35M to USAF Aircraft Procurement Account, is primarily transfers and is not material.
• Modest increase of +$96M plus-up to USAF Other Procurement Account is primarily transfers, and is not material.
• Within DoD-wide Procurement, MRAP is fully funded at $1.1B Request.
• Army RDT&E request of $62M for Electronic Warfare Development, is zeroed-out completely.
• Navy RDT&E increases by +$27M to accommodate transfer of Cargo UAS. There is also +$9M increase for ISR Payloads to support JUONS.
• USAF RDT&E decreases by -$24M, driven by -$70M cut to Classified Programs.
• DoD-wide RDT&E increases by +$10M for Cyber Security Pilot Programs; plus $25M for SOF Cargo UAS.
(DISA is identified as lead for $10M unrequested Cyber-Security Funding.)